I contacted Wake Forest for more info the other day. They are the one's who are researching organ regeneration that I posted about. Here's what they said:
Ms. Colby,
Thank you for your inquiry regarding Dr. Atala’s research on liver regeneration using cell and tissue engineering techniques. Although we are actively working in this area, it is still in the experimental stage. We regret that this technology cannot be applied to clinical practice at this time. However, it is our goal to bring this technology to a point of widespread clinical use, and we hope that we could help patients and their families, like you, in the future. We thank you for your interest in our work. We will keep your inquiry on record and contact you if appropriate in the future. You may also wish to visit our web site, www.wfirm.org, for future updates.
Please provide your full name, date of birth, address, phone number, and email so that we can contact you if needed.
Sincerely,
Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine
I don't like that answer. Sounds like a template letter to me. You know like {insert name here}. Hmmm. Dr. Atala, huh? I'm off to find his contact info...
3 comments:
Blair, I am SO sorry you did not get the answer you were hoping for. I am sure there are a lot of legalities with something ilke this and it is probably so new that it really isn't approved for clinical use yet, I am sure the government and all of that would have to approve it and yadda yadda, but at least they are trying to advance it and at least get there. Hopefully sooner rather than later! HUGS You guys are always in my thoughts and prayers
Mindy O
It does sound very formula but there again they might get many inquires who knows still you tried!
It does sound like a template letter...I hate those. Is there a phone number for that place? Maybe you could call and talk to a human being instead of getting an automated response from someone's computer. So frustrating. I'm thinking about you all!
Post a Comment