Pages

Kids Grow So Fast!

My little newborn is gone. Xander is starting to become more independent. He doesn’t need Mommy as much for entertainment. He’s able to stir up some entertainment for himself. He is able to roll everywhere and is trying so hard to crawl. He can get his legs under him but it hasn't connected that he also needs his arms under him as well so he will sit there with his bum in the air trying to move forward. Most of the time he lays on his belly with arms and legs spread out to the side as if he was skydiving.



Since he is getting older, it’s time to start helping him sit up more. So I went out and bought that Bumbo Seat for him. I got it used at Once upon a child. I love that store. You can get such bargains. We also bought a used Take Along Swing there saving tons of money. Anyway, Xander loves his new seat. He has a small tray that attaches to it where we place little toys for him to play with. Lincoln loves to fill his tray with various things; cars, stuffed animals, books, blankets, shoes, cups, diapers (unused ones!), etc...whatever he can find. However, I have to remind Linc that things such as his two foot 18-wheeler won't fit on Xander's tray. If he had his way, Xander would be buried under a pile of Lincoln crap.



Seeing Xander in that seat reminds me when we got a Bumbo Seat for Lincoln. Lincoln had a hard time with it. One, he had no interest in sitting up and two, he was BIG. I mean he was a chubby bubby. When we would put Lincoln in the seat, his legs would get pinched and he would cry. We had to return the seat. I wish I had a picture but like I said, he would cry every time we put him in it. That kid had some serious thunder thighs!



So the other day, after Xander had his turn in the seat, Lincoln decided he wanted to sit in the seat. I was thinking he was too big for it. But this time I was thinking it would be his bum that wouldn't fit, not his thighs. I’m not sure but somehow he fits better in it now than he did when he was 5mos old! Maybe it’s because he’s tall and skinny. So what the heck. I attached the tray and let him do his thang.





Love those kids of mine!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I love seeing how big Xander is getting!! What a little cutie. Isn't it just the best seeing brother's interact? Linc sounds like a great big brother :)