Pages

It’s a matter of perspective

It’s funny how one day you think two year old is a nightmare getting into everything. You turn to your little baby and smile and say what a good baby you are. You stay put and are happy where you are. Then the next day when you feel as if your baby has screamed and fussed the entire day away, you look at your two year old and say what a good boy you are. You are able to entertain yourself while Mommy tends to the baby. It all depends on the day and how you look at things…and of course how much sleep you get.

That got me thinking about my boys and how from day to day one is my angel and the other I dub ‘Little Beelzebub’. I never know who's going to be who. I remembered a conversation I had with my Mom a long time ago about about her feelings for my brother and I. She said, 'I don’t love one of you more than the other but I do love you for different reasons.’ I always thought that was crap as any good kid would think and that she HAD to love one of us more. More me than my brother of course. But I was so wrong. I get it, Mom.

Lincoln is my unpredictable child. He can be so stubborn & strong-willed one minute and loving & sweet the next. You never know if he’ll eat his carrots today that he ate so vigorously yesterday. He definitely does his own thing and will not be forced into anything. I admire his determination and stamina…although not when it’s directed at me.

Xander on the other hand is my laid back little guy. He goes with the flow for the most part. He is pretty much content unless he’s hungry, has a stinky pu or is tired. His eyes always twinkle even if the room is pitch black. Such a sweet one that one.

So it’s true. I see different things in each of them that I love. Even though I may not like the way one behaves on a certain day, I can say I love them both equally. No question. I love them. I love them when they’re good. I love them when they’re bad. Makes no difference. They and their father make my world go round.

1 comment:

Candi said...

Beautiful. You're so right. I couldn't have said it better myself.