Pages

It isn’t ok.

We didn't have much of a choice last time Xander was operated on. Luckily we were able to bring him to Johns Hopkins so we knew he was in great hands. We never would have thought in a million years he would need the surgery he had. We were so optimistic. Now we're faced with transplant and have time to do some research on the different transplant centers and their docs.

So how do you decide who is best to operate on your child? How do you go about choosing THE person you will hand your child over to who will then take a cold, sharp blade to their soft, warm little body. What do you go by? Experience, survival rates, reputation, bedside manner, age, hairstyle…what? They could be the best of the best but they will never be good enough. And no matter what they say or how comfortable they make you feel it isn’t ok.

3 comments:

Candi said...

Your words are always so touching and heart-felt. I pray hard for you all, especially little Xander.

StaceyBurke said...

oh blair! so very painful and hard.

Suburban mummy & Co said...

Blair I have no idea what you are going through I wish no one had to go through this pain. Lest people I know. I don't know what to say but always know that you and the rest of the fam are in my daily thoughts xx