Sorry about not posting much yesterday. My Mom came up to stay with Xander so I headed to VA to see Linc. Ron was already there. He left on Friday. We had a nice time. We went to Build-A-Bear. Linc picked out a bear for himself and one for Xander. We didn't buy many accessories. Holy moly they are expensive! Instead we went out for dinner and got some Thai food at Busara's. Mmmm...so good. After dinner we stopped by a friend's house. It was so nice to feel 'normal' again.
Unfortunately it only lasted a few hours when I got a call from my Mom. Xander wasn't feeling right. He had a couple of shivering episodes, not seizures, just shivering. So, back to Hopkins we went with Linc in tow.
It took us over 2hrs to get there. Usually it takes an 1hr 15min or so to get there. Not this time. We were in stop and go traffic for miles. MILES! After we passed a broken down 18-wheeler that caused all the traffic, we had about 20min of traffic free roads and then we hit an accident. Ugh. It was rather quick as it was just a bunch of rubber neckers slowing us down on the North side of the highway. Unfortunately, for the South side, it was stopped. They had closed off the road completely. Traffic went on forever. I felt sorry for those who had to potty.
Why, when it's most important for you to get somewhere asap, does something always pop up that slows you down? We were stressing and just wanted to get to Hopkins as fast as we could.
Finally we get to the hospital and Xander is doing fine. They checked him out from head to toe and looked at his blood work. It appears he may just have been cold. I am happy that's all it is. So we've turned up the temp in the room and cover him with lots of blankets when he sleeps.
Dr. Cuffari stopped by this morning and doesn't seem to be concerned about it. Thank goodness. I trust him. He's so reassuring. He also has a feeling Xander will be getting a new liver here very quickly. I hope he's right!
3 comments:
Hi Ron, Blair, Xander and Lincoln.
We were so worried when you guys
left yesterday. We are glad to hear everything is ok. Let us know if there is anything we can do.
Scott and Yasmin
Blair, I am with the doctor, I think Xander is going to get his perfect liver really soon! I am glad it was just him being cold. I have been watching for updates, glad you posted! All the Best, I will be praying for Xander and you and your family!
Jennifer Wallace
Phew dam traffic. build a bear what fun
Post a Comment