Pages

9:26am

As much as I'd like it to be teething, I'm starting to think that the fevers are a side effect of one of the immuno-supression drugs. I guess they, I'm think tacro specifically, can cause fevers. Xander is also rolling his eyes in the back of his head and drooling. I watched him this morning. Before he was given his meds, he was fine. 10 minutes after he had them he started with the eye rolling and drooling. He isn't miserable thank goodness. I've asked about this and the transplant coordinator (TC) said his body is getting use to the new meds and that the side effects should go away. I hope they do and sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, they took more blood for cultures because his temp went over 38.5°C. Not by much, 38.6°C. Hopefully nothing will grow. Keep your fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Candi said...

Poor little guy. I hope he gets used to those meds and his fevers go away! Thinking of you guys always!

Jennifer H. said...

Fingers crossed for nothing growing the cultures!!!

Anonymous said...

Brooke had the exact same thing happen and they said it was withdraws from the pain meds. Once they got her weaned off she was ok. Rough to watch though! I pray his fevers go away! It is amazing how fast they change after they have their new livers! My prayers are with you and your family!
Jennifer Wallace