Pages

Lesson learned

We’ve only been home for a few days and it has been so nice to have our little family back together. It never feels right when we are separate. It's been that way too much lately but I don't think it will be that way for long.

Since we’ve been home, I’ve been able to really slow down a bit and think the past few weeks. It was the hardest time in my life. Nothing can prepare you to deal with a child who is very sick and facing death. It is the scariest, most humbling experience I have ever been through.

I have learned so much, especially from Xander. He taught me to be in the moment and always, always smile. He always did. He hardly gave us a sign that he felt bad when you know he did. Even when he was feeling his worst, he was still smiling. He is in love with life and is determined not to miss a second of it.

That's a big lesson to learn from an 11 month old baby but it's one I'm not going to forget.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Gave me chills...what an angel you have. He is teaching us all lessons. It makes you stop and think...and realize what you need to be thankful for and to just live and love life!

Candi said...

I'm in tears. Beautiful, Blair...simply beautiful.

The Bean said...

you brought tears to my eyes. Xander, you and your family are very strong. I hope you have a pleasant and uneventful holiday season!

Kimberly