Woohoo! Xander has been fighting Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) for a couple of weeks now. It's a nasty little virus in those who are immune suppressed. The EBV popped up around the same time as the CMV he had the infusions for recently. Poor kid is having a hard time catching a break. Anyway, his EBV numbers a couple weeks ago were around 3,500 copies, then a week ago it jumped to 10,770 copies and now it's at....drum roll please...1,369 copies. This means that that his little body is fighting off the virus all on his own. They lowered his FK506 and his steriod to let his body fight it naturally. I am so happy! GO AWAY EBV!!!!
In other medical news, I have another sinus infection. Fun. {rolls eyes} The doc has now put me on prednisone and an antiobiotic to help kill the infection. My sinus infection a few weeks ago never really went away.
Now Xander and I are both on steriods which means there are two 'roid rage monsters in the house. :) Look out!
3 comments:
So glad to hear he is fighting this nasty virus! WOOHOO Xander! Can you have a talk with Brooke and tell how this is done?!?!?!
Jennifer Wallace
Yahoo for two little monsters running around the house soon! I am SOOO glad he is fighting the virus on his own! Awesome news.
WOOHOOO for the little Warrior! and a HUGE hug for your hubby ... can't be all that much fun with both of you on Prednisone...lol
XOXO!
Post a Comment