Xander's transplant wasn't simply advanced medicine, it was a true miracle. We know how fortunate we were that he received an organ. There simply aren't enough organ donors compared to the number of those in need. So many don't make it because they don't get 'the call' in time.
We had a generous organ donor family who, in their darkest hour, made the decision to donate. I can't imagine how hard it was for them. I am so grateful for their kindness.
We also know how lucky we were to have one of the best transplant teams in the country. Our surgeons, Dr. Lau, Dr. Torres & team, did such a wonderful job with Xander's transplant. They are still doing a great job keeping him healthy.
These three components make up our miracle; a giving family, a matching angel donor and a great surgical team. We are so very blessed!
Looking at magazine covers the other day, I thought I would make one about Miracles and organ donation. If I were a writer, I might even write a few articles too....but I'm not, So for now we'll just stick with the front cover of my imaginary organ donation magazine.

Creating this was so much fun, I think I'm going to make one for Linc too.
2 comments:
WOW! ! !/sbs
AMAZING! What an awesome magazine cover! He just lights up my day every time I see him!
Jennifer & Brooke
Post a Comment