Pages

Liver Update 07.26.09

Got crappy news on Friday. Xander's liver enzymes are up so we have to increase his dose of immune suppression drugs and then get more blood work next week. I hope increasing his dose does the trick. I don't like it when his liver isn't happy. I also dislike him having lots of blood work.

I haven't mentioned it on the blog in a while but Xander is still fighting the EBV virus. We go to Hopkins once every two weeks for a blood draw and to get an infusion. His numbers are in the 30k range. They need to be undetectable. It's a nasty little virus and it's been months he's been battling it.

Some day he'll only have to have his blood drawn once a year. Those days can't come soon enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Blair...I am thinking of you and Xander all the time and keep you in my prayers....This rollercoaster ride can be overwelming at times! Sometimes I wish the train would just slow down! Praters the enzymes decrease and the EBV goes away! Prayers Prayers Prayers!

Jennifer & Brooke