Pages

Fish Market

We went down to the Fish Market in DC this morning. I hadn't been there in a long time. I worked down around the wharf years ago.


Lots and lots of color...seafood too.










We didn't get flounder or red snapper. Actually we got lobster and haddock. They were delish!


I couldn't decide whether I liked these photos of the boys on the doc in black & white or color.




He was beating the wall.


Wishing he were out on one of the boats.






This was my dream. I wanted to buy a huge catamaran to live on and just sail the world. *sigh* Too bad my parents aren't filthy rich.


Here's where I used to work in high school and college, The Spirit of Washington. I was a Cruise Director. No 'Julie' jokes please. It was a lot of fun. I met a lot of people.


When I first started, I worked in the office. I would distribute marketing brochures, worked in ticketing and then reservations. One day they sent me out on the boat. I liked that much better.


This visit to the Fish Market brought back a lot of memories. I'm glad we went.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I love blck & white photos! My husband and I always wanted to do the Spirit of washington but never got around to it! Maybe soon! =)

Thinking of you guys! Xander is getting so big!

Smiles,
Jennifer & Brooke

Candi said...

Gorgeous pics!!! Definitely like the color ones best. Your boys are too cute!

Suburban mummy & Co said...

Braver than I, I am a land person. I think B/W works best mainly for the contrasts of the woodgrain. Of course the actual fish markets works best in colour!