I just watch the TLC show The Message and I am a mess. It was about Maggie, another baby who was diagnosed with Biliary Atresia, and her search for her donor.
Maggie's donor was a 14yr old girl named Erin. She and her family were spending a holiday in the Winchester, VA when a tragic accident happened. A tree holding a rope swing the children were using snapped. The tree fell on top of Erin killing her instantly.
I can't imagine how horrible that day was for Erin's family. I know what it is like when your child is close to death and you're in fear day to day but I have never actually known it. I don't know what it means to be seperated from your child forever. The pain must be immense.
It's because someone said yes that I don't know what it is like. A mother, a father, a brother, a sister....a whole family in their worst nightmare made the decision their loved one would give life to others. To Xander.
I think about Xander's donor family all the time. I want to thank them. I want to know them. I want to know about their loved one. I want Xander to know them and Lincoln too. I want to show them a life that was saved because of them. I want to hug them. I want to thank them. I want to thank them. I want to thank them.
I hope one day.
For now, I will have to live through Maggie, Joi, Bob and the Ivey's.
3 comments:
That makes me cry, Blair.
I hope you get to meet them one day!
I watched the show, and WOW it's a really emotional show. I hope you get to meet your donor family someday.
Post a Comment