Pages

Daniel

I know I've been slacking on the blog but I'm a little busy. We've been really trying to enjoy life. Xander is doing great and we're taking advantage of it. We've been heading to the beach every weekend and it's been soo nice. The oil has not hit our shores and we're praying it doesn't.

The water at the beach is like bath water...it's almost not refreshing. The farther out you go the cooler it is. However then you have to think about sharks. We saw one swimming around yesterday when we were there. I don't think they are too interested in us. More people get hit by lightning in Florida than get bitten by sharks. I hope I don't have to find out what that's like...sharks or lightning.

But those worries don't seem so important compared to what Daniel is facing. Please, please keep this little boy in your thoughts and prayers. He is fighting 'cancer' or PTLD as it's called in the transplant world.

Daniel's last round of chemo didn't get rid of the cancer so he is facing more chemo. This little kiddo has been through so much in his five short years and now is facing this life-threatening disease. It just doesn't seem fair. I feel so much for his parents and family. I can't make the tears stop.

So please, if you would, please swing by their blog and leave them a message. I loved reading the messages left for Xander when he was so sick. It was always nice to know that Xander had people thinking and praying for him. I'm thankful to everyone who did.

No comments: