Ugh! They are making me crazy and I don't even have them. Guess who does? ... Xander. Right.
I feel terrible but I have no idea why he is getting them. Something is coming in contact with his skin and making him hive up. I have started a food log to see if there is something he is eating that is causing this. I don't know if it's food since he isn't throwing up or having diarrhea which is what he normally does. But I have to remember, 'Nothing with Xander is normal. He is an unsual kid and his symptoms can present differently each time.'
I'm praying it's not another food allergy. A liver transplant I can deal with but food allergies?!? No! It puts so many limitations on him day-to-day. At home it's easy to manage but if we go out it's not. I think about him going to birthday parties and all the food they will have there but he won't be able to eat any of it. No cake, no ice cream, no sandwiches, no candy, etc....I just hear myself saying 'No. No.No' and ruining his fun time. How sucky is it to have your Mom around telling you 'No' all the time?
I know in the grand scheme of things, this pales in comparison but I can't help the way I feel about these allergies. I wish they would just disappear.
1 comment:
OH no..I am sorry he is having these hives!! My prayers are with Xander and hope he is feeling better and you can find out what is causing it.
I know what you mean about wanting him to have a normal childhood and how it stinks being the one to say no all the time. Brooke tore my heart up this week when she wanted to eat breakfast and our transplant docs make her wait an hour to eat after meds have been given....my other two who is 13 and 10 went and fixed them something now realizing the time and Brooke wanted to eat sooo bad! I finally gave in after 30 minutes of giving her her medication. I felt HORRIBLE! I don't want her to think she is any different from my other two kids!
Thinking of you guys!
Hugs,
Jennifer & Brooke Wallace
Post a Comment