Pages

Happy Birthday, baby boy.

It's Xander's third birthday. THREE! I'm so thankful he's here. It's been a long road. This weekend we are heading to Gran's house for Thanksgiving so I am going to be writing a letter to our donor family during the trip to thank them for all they have given us.

No. I still haven't re-written the letter. Writing it once is so emotionally exhausting plus I've been working on a project for The Waiting List, my emotions are zapped. I have cried so much in the past month...grieving the healthy baby boy that never was.

But I don't want to veer off, this day is Xander's and it's a celebration of life! He is doing better than ever! He was recently 'undiagnosed' from the wheat allergy so he's able to enjoy all the foods that come with that...crackers, pasta, pancakes and the best is we'll be able to have BIRTHDAY CAKE!! I had planned on making big oatmeal cookies with frosting but no more because it's going to be cake. :-)

We are not having a party today. We are saving it for Gran's so we can have a big hoopla with his cousins. It's going to be so much fun! He's going to love it...and so will I. :-)

Happy Birthday, Xander boy!!! We love you so much and are thankful for every day with you. You are a wonderful teacher and we can't wait to see what lesson is next.





2 comments:

Margaça said...

Happy Birthday Xander!!!

With love from Martim´s family

The Wallace Journey said...

So amazing to see his birth picture and then look into those beautiful eyes now! A "normal" person would say awww and Happy Birthday! Knowing his history and ALL he has been through in his short three years....brings tears to my eyes! Xander is AMAZING and truly a blessing! Your family is also amazing...you have ALOT to be proud of! Here's to wishing Xander MANY MANY MORE HAPPY HEALTHY BIRTHDAYS!
HUGS from the Wallace's!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Jennifer & Brooke Wallace