Pages

Ok 2011...rough start but I know you will be a fantabulous year.

I know it's been awfully quiet on our blog. I just haven't been inspired to write. I'm working on starting my photography business. Yes. Still. I didn't realize how much work it required to set up and over the holidays it kind of fell to the side.

It also fell to the side because a couple of days before Christmas I noticed a lump on my neck. It was on the front of my neck, below my chin but above the thyroid. I called my ENT and got a cat scan. It turns out it is just a cyst but I will require some minor surgery to remove it. I am not happy about the surgery but I'll take it over any other scary diagnosis.

I also found out I am severely deficient in Vitamin D and B12 and that I have UTI. The UTI was a shocker. I had no idea because I didn't have any symptoms. But the Vit D and B12 aren't. I knew I wasn't feeling good and this is why. I am on mega doses on Vit D and will be going in to the docs to get B12 shots weekly. I had my first shot yesterday and my first mega dose today and I am already feeling better. I have some pep for the first time in a long time. I can't imagine how I much better I am going to feel in a few weeks. I can't wait!

With all this testing, I realized I hadn't become as good at waiting for test results as I thought I had. This cyst had me scared. There were days I couldn't think of anything else...all the 'what ifs'. I don't have much but I need to get a will together. At least put down who the kids will go to, God forbid anything should happen to Ron and I. I hope not, I'm planning on getting good and old with him.

So beyond this little cyst hiccup and low vit levels, life has remained (I say this as quietly as I can so as not to poke the bear) normal. Xander is still loving school. Linc told me for the first time the other day that he was never speaking to me again. Why? I don't remember but I'm sure it will not be the last time I'll hear it. I admit was a little suprised because I didn't think I'd hear these words from him so young. And then there is Ron...my rock. He is still as great as ever. ♥

Enough of us, a wonderful thing happened today. A little boy named Austin was given a second chance at life from his Uncle Ronnie. This morning, Ronnie and Austin went into surgery where Ronnie donated a piece of his liver to his very sick nephew. I can't imagine the bond those two will share in their lifetime. How lucky is Austin to have an Uncle like, Ronnie?!?



Unfortunately, not all stories end so well. My prayers go out to the recent loss of two liver children. Maddox, who was just four months old, and Mallory, who was 22 years young. It's news like this that should make everyone appreciate just how precious life is. I know I do. I am glad that I hug my kids several times a day and tell them how much I love them and how proud I am of them. I can say I'll never have to regret not saying it enough.

So don't wait. Go right now, hug your kids and tell them how much you love them.

No comments: