Pages

Time is a flying.

I can't believe it's been a whole month since I've posted. I have been so busy which is a good thing.

Linc is doing great in school. He really likes it even though it's tough. He has computer class on Mondays, drama club on Tuesday, dance on Wednesday, Thursday is art and Friday is, well, fun Friday. They keep him busy over there and me too. He has homework every night except Friday. We study during the week on different themes like telling time or how a plant grows as well as spelling words. Every Friday he has a spelling test. It's exhausting but what's great is that he can do it! My Kindergarten days were a far cry from Linc's. I think we learned how to tie our shoes and how not to get food on our shirts.

Xander is doing well in "school" aka preschool. He goes Monday, Wednesday and Friday. He has a language therapist come in once a week to work on his speaking and communication skills. He's behind in those. She is great but it looks like he needs more than he's getting. She has only seen him 11 out of 18 possible times. That isn't good. He's sick a lot which keeps him from going to school.

Since it's not working out, I'm thinking about switching schools where he will have access to therapists right in his classroom. I'm not happy about it. I love his preschool. They have been so wonderful and I hate to leave but sometimes things just don't work out like you plan. I have to think of what is best for Xander. I fear he won't be ready to go to school with Linc in a year if I don't do all I can for him starting now.

Next week I'll be touring the school and making the decision based on what I see and what they tell me. It is our zoned elementary school which is literally a block away. It is actually the school Linc would have gone to had he not got into his charter school. I know it's a good school based on the research I have done however I don't know how they do with kids who need a little extra attention. Guess I'll get a vibe when I go. I hope it's right for Xander.

That's the school update. During the week we're also running around to soccer games on Monday night and t-ball on Tuesday and Friday nights with practice on Saturday morning. Xander is playing t-ball this year and it is so great!

I'm also considering putting in for a position on the PTA board at Linc's school. I can't even believe this is me talking but the board really needs help and because it's a small school, only 115 students, you can't sit back and hope that someone else will step up to the plate. Every hand is desperately needed.

No comments: