It wasn't what I was hoping to hear but at least a dialogue has been started. I am so interested in Dr. Atala's Regenerative Medicine work.
-------------------------------------------
Dear Mrs. Colby,
Thank you for your note. I am really sorry to hear about your son and his biliary atresia. We are definetely working on engineering livers, and this is an important project at our institute. We have been working on this project for over 10 years now, and out team has accomplished many positive results using various strategies. Nonetheless, the liver work is still being done experimentally, and we are not yet ready to do this in humans. Using our technologies, we do not expect to need cells until it is time to do proceed clinically. However, we would be happy to keep your name on our list and to keep you posted when things do move in that direction. As a parent myself, I know that these are difficult situations for you and your family. Please do give your son my regards and I wish him the best possible course for his health.
Sincerely
Anthony Atala, MD
No comments:
Post a Comment