Pages

Owa

Lincoln has become a little bit of a crier. It doesn’t matter what is happening he will cry. He cries if we have to brush his teeth, which he actually doesn’t mind but he cries for whatever reason. He cries when we change his diaper, if he can’t get his shoes on right, if he gets frustrated with a toy...whatever it is, he cries. We tell him not to cry and to use his words. That's going over like a turd in a punch bowl but we keep trying. We’ve become pretty good at telling the difference between an Owa cry and a fake one or as my brother says a ‘Fake-y Sue-y’. At least we thought we so.

The other day Linc shut the door and then cried. We thought nothing of it because he’s always Fake-y sue-ying it. He wasn't screaming bloody murder and we ignored him as good parents do. Then the next day I was changing his diaper and noticed that his pinky was purple. Awww, poor kid actually slammed his finger in the door. It must have really hurt. Why he wasn't more upset I don't know.

It's been almost a week since the incident and his pinky for the most part is ok but his fingernail is dying. It is currently hanging on by a thread. Linc keeps showing it to us and saying Owa. It obviously doesn't hurt terribly because he keeps bending it backwards. It hurts me just to look at it. Actually I find it disgusting.





I hope today is the day it falls off. Please, please let it be the day. I don't want to see him bend it backwards any more!

3 comments:

Suburban mummy & Co said...

Eliza does the screaming part for all that you mentioned. I am teaching her about crying wolf. The nail is gross poor Linc. but you know what it'll make no difference to the kids they'll still cry and scream lol

Shannon said...

UGH we just came out of this stage and it's SO frustrating! The crying, the whining...I say bring on the Grey Goose! Poor little guy. I bet it did hurt! Ick on the nail. Just tear it off of there...just kidding. ;)

Joy said...

Ew. Ewwwww. That gives me the willies.