Pages

Friday afternoon update



We headed to All Children's this morning to get some blood work done on Xander. He was in a good mood and did great. They are so good with him there. I have been to other labs that were not so good. They would have to poke him several of times and then blame us for it. Oh, he's dehydrated or we need to warm his arm up before drawing blood. I don't care about their excuses because we don't go back.

Even better news...drum roll please...Xander has gained some weight! He is 14lbs13oz. Yipeeeeee! The docs have also called with the results of his blood work from this morning and some of his numbers that were troublesome have gotten better. Finally, a bit of good news for him. He deserves it.

But ya know, maybe Xander was in a good mood because he got some new bling.



Ok, well not really bling but we finally got his Medic Alert anklet. I feel so much better now that he has it on. It is such a great service. I always worried, God forbid, that if something were to happen and I wasn't around they wouldn't know he was sick. But now, with his new bling they have total access to his medical history, list of meds and important contacts. It takes a serious load off my mind.

Linc was so patient during Xander's appointment. I think he knows it's serious stuff. But sometimes when we go out, you never know what you're going to get. With Xander I know he is basically going to be happy except when he's hungry, tired or getting blood drawn. It's a total crap shoot with Linc. He's my moody child. I seriously took these two photos back to back the other day.

One minute he's...



The next he's...



A total 180° in 2.2 seconds. It's not a pout either, it's full on MAD with a capital 'M'. Can't you see the death rays coming out of his eyes? I have no idea where he gets it from. Hmmm....:).

------------------------

On a more serious note, don't forget about Nate and his family. Thanks so much for helping this wonderful family out!

------------------------

2 comments:

Suburban mummy & Co said...

s so emotive. Glad X got his bracelet great news he did well.

Shannon said...

That is wonderful news regarding Xander! I love his new little ankle bracelet. Thank God for medicalert! I hear ya on the moods. Gotta love the TWOS!