Pages

6:49am

Late last night Ron called. One of the transplant surgeons was going to make the call as to whether or not Xander would get a drain. When I meet this doc I am going to seriously kiss him. He said exactly what I had been thinking. They are NOT putting the drain in because they do not want to risk infection. He also said the fluid on his lung wasn't bad yet and that they'll wait and see what happens. Yes!

I know Ron and I are in control of Xander's care and they can't do anything we don't want but some of these docs get us so riled up over nothing. What's worse is earlier in the day his GI, Dr. Cuffari, said they probably wouldn't drain the fluid unless it got really bad. This is how it is though. Sooner or later you start to learn who to trust.

I am so happy we are at Johns Hopkins though. They do make miracles happen.

No comments: