I'm all snug as a bug in a rug at the Children's House by Johns Hopkins. We were lucky enough to get a room here. It's a nice, clean place and the families who stay here know where I'm at because they are with me. They have sick loved ones too. But most importantly this place is right next to the hospital. I can get there in a flash.
Before I left, they decided Xander needs platelets if he was going to have the minor procedure to insert a drain. Of course, they had to take more blood to check his current count and to make sure they get a match. (I'm not real familiar with this, so don't quote me on that.) They also decided to put in a second IV. At that point I got angry. I am so sick of seeing my child tortured day after day with needles and whatnot. I left to go cool down.
I went down to the playroom, which we can't take him to because they want him on the monitor at all times. I picked out a nice mobile for him. I thought it would cheer him up. When I went back to his room, Xander was a happy kid. I guess he didn't even bat an eyelash when the lady put the IV in and drew some blood. He was even laughing. I was happy he wasn't upset but at the same time, no kid should be even the slightest bit used to pain. It's amazing how much my kid is putting up with and still managing to be as sweet as ever. We are SO LUCKY!
Well, that's all for now. It's Ron's shift at the hospital tonight. I hope it's a quiet night for him.
Praying for all the liver babies out there.
Sweet dreams...
3 comments:
I'm glad you're able to stay so close to the hospital. It must be hard to be away from him but you need the rest. Still praying hard that Ron will be a match. If he is, how long will it be until they do the transplant?
I agree..it is bittersweet when they no longer cry at the "pokey's"...your heart is happy because he is not scared and crying and yet filled with anger for it should not be his "norm"...I AM SO SORRY you are going through this...so truly sorry.
I know how impossible these words are but try to get some rest...this is a marathon.
Sending you so much love!
Ana and Savannah (Warrior Princess!)
That's great you are a hop, skip and a jump away. So praying he recovers quickly. You are right no child should be use to pain. Hope you are sleeping as I type and ron and X are resting too.
Post a Comment