Pages

September 30 - 7:31pm

Xander did awesome! They drained approx 325cc's of fluid. There are about 235 cc's in a cup so you can imagine how much there was. I was shocked to see it. When I first saw the liquid in the container, I thought it was a urine sample someone left. It was VERY yellow. The bilirubin causes it to be that color, obviously. They sent a sample down to be tested for infection. They are optimistic there isn't any considering how clear it was. Praying they are right.

They did show us the before and after x-rays. It was amazing to see the change. The pleural effusion was pushing his right lung over which was pushing on his heart. Poor kiddo must have been super uncomfortable. It's no wonder he was working so hard to breath.

Anyway, Xander is resting easy. He's still foggy from the sedatives. I hope he stays that way for the rest of the night and that he gets some good sleep in. Lord knows he needs it.

Please pray the fluid doesn't come back too quickly.

xxxooo

4 comments:

Shannon said...

AWESOME news guys! WOW, that's a lot of fluid, especially for a baby considering the size of everything. Bless his heart...I hope he (and you) get some sleep tonight. Hugs to you all.

StaceyBurke said...

glad they could drain it out and that it seems like there is not an infection, praying it stays that way. hope this makes xander way more comfy!

Candi said...

I'm glad the procedure went well. I'm hoping you all get some good sleep tonight! BIG HUGS!

Suburban mummy & Co said...

That is fantastic news you guys. Hoping he gets to rest. Poor little man.