Well, there is some fluid back in his chest but not as much as before. I forget what it's called...sympathetic something or other. It's the body's response to what's happening with his liver. An incorrect response but a response nonetheless. Anyway, they are going to try some meds to see if some of the fluid will come out before they tap him again or put a drain in. The transplant team isn't too keen on a drain for infection reasons.
I was hoping we'd go back to the floor today but with his respiratory distress, I don't think he'll be leaving the PICU any time soon.
Still no word on Ron's live donor status.
3 comments:
ugh blair! fluid, fluid go AWAY! i am sorry that it is coming back but hopefully the docs can resolve it without a drain. praying hard for ron to be a match and for Xander to stay strong! love beams your way.
Blair I pray that the meds will work and little Xander won't need the drain. I am sending strength ya'lls way and HUGS BIG HUGS
Go away fluid!!
Post a Comment