Pages

11:03am

Xander isn't gaining weight. Ugh. Not good. They want to put a PICC line in to start TPN in the hopes he'll put some chub on. As with the drain, I do not want this to happen. It's another risk of infection. The PICC line is useful in that he wouldn't have to be poked any more for blood draws or poked to put in an IV if it falls out (which happens every third day or so). But is that a good enough reason to risk infection? I don't know.

After today's events, I'd say yes. Xander was stuck twice in an attempt to put in an IV. The best part is they'll be back to try again. Ugh. It makes me crazy when they don't get it right the first time.

But there is nothing I can do. I can't save him from the pain. He has to have those IV's to keep him going and the blood draws to see how he's doing.

He needs a new liver. Please, please let it come soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that Xander has to go through this, B. Keep your chin up and spirits high, because a new liver IS coming.

We love you!
Lauren and Gavin

Anonymous said...

Blair,

I know your concerns about the PICC line, but we always found that whenever Allison had a PICC she was so much happier and our lives were a little bit easier to handle. I too believe that everything happens for a reason. Look at this as a blessing. Perhaps the TPN will just make him stronger for the transplant that is coming very soon. We are praying and praying for you all.

Terri

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie! What a precious boy your family has. I will keep him in my thoughts. I know everything will work out! Keep your heads up.

Joy said...

OMG Blair, no child should have to deal with that. :( I am so sorry. Praying and praying for you guys...