Here we are on the floor! Xander has a private room. It's seriously like the Ritz in here. We are in the lap o' luxury. ;) Maybe we'll have some quiet nights ahead??
There are still a ton of things we have to do. He's going to get a PICC line today. I know, I know. I have been against it but we're in a different place now. If he gets an infection, which would be terrible, it wouldn't be as devestating as it would have been was prior to transplant. We don't have to worry about a liver popping up.
He is being visited daily by OT. PT will be coming in a few times a week. The surgeons are always giving us new direction. We need to sit him up a few times a day. We should hold him as much as we can and we'll have to get him up and standing soon. I'm sure PT will be helping out with that. Basically, the more movement, the better.
After he is discharged, he will be coming in weekly for IV infusions of a drug I can't pronounce. If my tired brain remembers correctly, it's to help fight EBV which his donor tested positive for. EBV is scary for people who are immuno-supressed because it can turn into PTLD = cancer. They will keep a close eye on it so I'm not terribly worried. He will also have blood work and weekly visits with the docs for a while. Eventually this will all taper off.
But for now, it's full speed to recovery!
4 comments:
Oh, I am so glad you are out of PICU and in your own luxurious room! Good luck getting the PICC line and everything. I hope he starts eating and everything like the champ he is. I am just so happy for you guys.
yay x 100 thrilled for you all. I have more to add but am struggling with J on my lap but needed to see if you guys had been moved!
oh blair super wow. yay you are back on the floor and yay for having your own room. i hope you can get some rest and that the pt/ot helps. what a great order "to hold him as much as possible" well DUH yes please :). i am so excited for you guys that the recovery phase is here. YAYAYAYAYAY Colbys!
Not only do you get back to the floor, but you get a private room! Sounds like he's doing great!
Post a Comment