Pages

11:38am

Bad news. Ron's liver is mildly fatty (not bad at all) but too fatty for their liking. So not what we wanted to hear. Now we wait and hope the perfect liver comes soon.

12 comments:

Brie said...

I am so sorry to hear that, Blair (and family!). Hopefully the perfect liver will come VERY soon! Brie

Sarah said...

I can't imagine how disappointed you are. We'll be thinking of you and hoping the perfect one comes along for X soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh Blair I am so sorry to hear that. I am hoping the perfect one comes along SOON

Anonymous said...

We heard the same news that ruled out Robert...we were as I am sure you are so sad about it...this is a long rollercoaster ride but they are amazing little Warriors...we even received "the call" and after waiting 12 hours with Savvy not eating and prepped we were told it was a no go and now...as hard as it was...in hindsight...I am so glad all of it happened for her liver...the one she received was perfect for her and she has done amazingly well with it...it is hard to believe that she spent 9 days post-transplant hospitalized and has not seen a hospital bed since this year...keep the faith...I know it is hard...and the punches in the gut keep getting harder and harder to absorb.
We hold Xander in our hearts so closely...frankly we fell in love with him at first sight...how could you not? He is amazing!

Sending all of our love,
Ana and Savannah (Warrior Princess!)

Candi said...

Oh Blair. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm praying another liver will come along shortly! Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Blair, I am so sorry! I know what you are feeling. We were in the same boat when they told me I was a no go. Know the perfect liver will come and Brooke was listed on Thursday and she got an offer the next Monday! Of course that was too big but my sister-n-law who is no blood kin was a perfect match and came through for us. As we speak the operation is going on now and all so far is going good. Hang in there the perfect liver will come! My prayers are with you and your family!
Jennifer Wallace

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Hang in there. Brian and I both came back as unable to donate and then we had an offer that went to someone else. The emotions that come with these are almost too much to bear, but we bear them for the hope that one day the right liver will come along. I am praying that it will come soon and your family's journey with biliary atresia will come to an end and your lives as a transplant recipient will begin. Xander is amazing and he is blessed to have you all there to fight with him. We are sending you big hugs. Take care.

Love,
The Browns
Brian, Terri, Megan and Allie

Shelly said...

NO!! That really bites, Blair. But I do really believe everything happens for a reason and this just means there is a perfect little liver just waiting for Xander. I hope it finds him quick. Me & Jude are thinking of all of you...xoxo

Shannon said...

Oh Blair, I know that wasn't the news you were hoping for. I hope the perfect liver comes along SOON. I also believe everything happens for a reason. Keep the faith and your heads up. HUGS. Thinking of you...

Joy said...

Oh, Blair, that is so dissapointing. The perfect liver WILL come! Thinking of you guys.

StaceyBurke said...

Oh no Blair........please G-d let the perfect liver come so very soon.

Suburban mummy & Co said...

Dam it this is a terrible shame but like you I too believe everything happens for a reason. May a liver come your way soon. My little Xander start to gain some weight bless you all