Pages

7:38am

Another great night. Well, for Xander anyhow. I didn't get much rest because I was having to kick all these people out of the room.

I seriously don't understand how patients are supposed to get better if they don't let them get a full night's sleep. First there's the nurse, who comes in to check his vitals every four hours. Then a guy from pulmonary who comes every four hours too but not exactly when the nurse comes. He comes to tap on Xander's chest for a few minutes. When Xander had the pleural effusion, they worried his lung might collapse. Now that they have his effusion under control with diuretics and the fact that Xander's respiration rate is looking good, I think every four hours is a little much if we need him at all. Then there is the phlebotomist who comes to draw blood around midnight. Gees! I refused all their services last night. I wanted him to have a good night's sleep. He's been on this crappy schedule for days now.

Praying for a quiet day. Maybe we can get Xander out for a little bit. I wish we could go outside but I won't push it. Just around the ward would be nice. Oooo, dare I hope they might let him come to the cafeteria with us???

2 comments:

Candi said...

I'm glad Xander got some good rest. Good for you, kicking all those people out. You all need some peace and quiet once in a while!!

Shannon said...

You go Mama for letting him sleep. I agree, how are patients supposed to heal and rest if their sleep is constantly interrupted??

I hope you got "out" today!

Stalking your blog... ;)