Someone asked me today how long we have been in the hospital and I couldn't believe it when I said it...'three weeks on Friday.' I looked at the calendar and realized if Xander were to be transplanted this week, we wouldn't be home for at least two weeks, probably more like three. That puts us into November. Then I started thinking about Xander's birthday and how close it is. I'll admit I got a little bummed. I really hope Xander doesn't have to spend his first birthday in the hospital. I want him at home by then. I want him all pink and healthy. I want to get him a big cake with a candle in it that Linc will help him blow out as we all sing Happy Birthday loudly and horribly off key. I want to take pictures of both my boys with icing smeared all over their faces, of wrapping paper strewned about and of presents piled everywhere. I just want a happy day for him. I just want Xander home for his birthday.
xxxooo
No comments:
Post a Comment