Pages

Tough

This kid is going to scare me to death one day. He keeps getting hurt. Xander is getting bumps and bruises all over. Poor kid. I should have named him Kenny G. If you know Kenny, than you know what I'm talking about. Anyway, here's a few things that have happened recenlty.

Xander and I swung by Best Buy the other day. He was in his stroller having a good time when he decides to stand up and take a peek down at the front of the stroller. He bends over and doesn't stop. All I can see from a five foot distance is legs flying up in the air. He hits the floor with his head and starts wailing. I slung my purse down, ran around the stroller and picked him up. He was upset but fine. I wasn't. My heart was beating a million miles a minute.

The other morning, Xander was in the middle of breakfast when his lips start swelling up. Hello Angelina Jolie. I worry about anafalactic attacks so I didn't mess around. I ripped him out of the high chair and head for the pediatrician. He was ok but we now have an epi pen just in case.

On to yesterday. We were in the kitchen and Xander was crawling around, playing with a wooden spoon and whatnot. I, of course, was nowhere near him - again - when he proceeds to pull himself up on one of the kitchen chairs. Well, it topples over backwards right on top of him. These aren't light chairs mind you. They are wrought iron. He starts screaming. I run over to him and he is bleeding all over. There is blood pouring down from above his eye. The amount of blood was crazy. It took a good 10 minutes to get it to stop bleeding. Thank goodness he didn't need stitches. After I got the bleeding to stop, I stand him up on his feet and he smiles. Where he gets it from I do not know.

I swear, he's accident prone right now...or maybe he's your typical, busy one year old that's into everything. I don't know. Like tonight, he's playing with the shutters and his finger gets trapped! Why? How? It was bizarre.

Here's a pic of him. He's sporting two bruises and a cut.


I hope this funk doesn't last long. At least he's tough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it terrible of me that I look at his cut and think...boy...how wonderful to see how well he clots?! I know it is terrible...but I do think it...I am so glad to see pictures with those beautiful white eyes...oh....how happy that makes me!!

Sending tons of hugs and love!!!
Ana and Savannah (Warrior Princess!)

Shannon said...

OH BOY Xander! I am glad he is tough but ouch!

My mom asked how he was doing tonight btw. I am going to send her your blog...I told her how wonderfully he is doing and how healthy he looks and IS! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ana. My first thought with the blood, was "Wow! Only 10 minutes. He clots well!" Oh being the parent of a child who has had a transplant. I'm so happy to see Xander up and about and getting into things. What a wonderful gift and a wonderful way to honor his donor angel. Isn't this what we all hoped for?

All our love,
Terri