Pages

Great Update from Emerson's Family

Per Erika:

A Sleeping Giant - I believe that’s what I’ve unleashed!!! Wow – your support is amazing. I can’t say I’m terribly surprised, though. I knew I could count on you all!

The meeting with Social Security went well this morning. Her case will go for medical review & eligibility determination next week. The average application takes 120 day, though, to process. Emerson’s Medicaid drops at the end of this month. Remember, even if she’s determined eligible for SSDI, it will ONLY cover Emerson while in-patient. As soon as she’s discharged our personal income will disqualify her from the program. Until Colorado Medicaid reverses their decision, Emerson has NO outpatient insurance coverage. If she’s determined ineligible for SSDI, she’ll have NO insurance coverage, period. The transplant financial office is filing a formal appeal with Colorado Medicaid.

Meanwhile, I heard from Congressman Doug Lamborn’s Office today & also from a local newspaper in Colorado. Additionally, a very influential east coast senator is being contacted on our behalf.

Here’s my plan – get Emerson covered (first and foremost) & in the process push this absurdity into the limelight. Yes, we need national media. This MUST change. Maybe there are great things in store for Emerson – maybe there really is a “reason” she’s still here and fighting. I believe we have, though her, a unique opportunity to help many, many people. Let’s seize this opportunity!

No comments: