I am waiting to hear whether or not things are moving forward to get Xander home. They will be inserting a PICC line in this morning so we can administer the anti-viral meds at home. I hope it happens soon. He's NPO right now and that's miserable. He's NPO because they will have to sedate him to get the line in. That kid is a ball of energy and there is no way they could get a line in without some sedation.
Speaking of eating, Xander has been eating like a champ. Because of his recent weight loss, they have ordered snacks for him. So he eats breakfast then a snack, lunch then a snack, dinner then another snack. He's eating all day long! We hope to see his weight start heading in the other direction. I want him to get to 20lbs so I can turn his car seat around! haha
The GI docs think he's losing weight because of the CMV. They think the CMV, which we know is in his belly, is in the intestines as well and is limiting his absorption of food. It makes sense and would account for his diarrhea as well.
That's all for now. More later.
1 comment:
Praying he gets to come home today! :) Home by yourself, eh? What's that? LOL
Post a Comment