Pages

When it rains...

Ugh. What a day. Xander was still NPO by 2:00pm when I arrived at the hospital. Thank God he had just been taken back to the OR or I would have fed him.

Once he got out of the OR he was taken to the Pediatric Recovery room again. This time he had a hard time recovering unlike the last. He came out with a high fever and his pulse was racing. He was so aggitated. We got very worried especially about that fever. We gave him some apple juice which seemed to calm him down and he went to sleep. Sleeping was the best thing for him to do. After a couple of hours, his numbers returned to normal.

I am still so upset at how long he went without eating. I worry a lot because he's so skinny and he can not afford to miss an ounce of food. Plus he gets so sad. You can't tell him what's happening. He just looks at you with big teary eyes wondering why you are doing this to him. It a horrible feeling. At least that's over for now and he is happy again. He is being fed a BIG dinner. Xander lost his high chair last night so Ron has him on a blanket on the floor. It's like a picnic.

They also told us they aren't releasing him today. His FK, immuno-suppression drug, is high. They want to get that leveled out before they let him go.

Dr. Lau just told Ron 'tomorrow'. Keeping my fingers crossed that it happens.

After we get Xander back to the room and settled, my Mom calls. School called her because Linc was sporting a fever of 102. Ron decided he wanted to stay with Xander so I jumped into the truck and headed home during rush hour. There is nothing more aggrevating than trying to get somewhere in a hurry during rush hour. It took me an hour and a half but I got here. Linc is a little lethargic but overall he's ok. He's hanging out on the couch watching TV all nekkid. His cheeks are a little pink. He's so cute. No other symptoms have popped up as of now. I hope it's just a thang that will pass as quickly as it came. He won't be going to school tomorrow. Those are the rules.

Hug your babies tight.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh Blair, I was hoping to check here and see some good news. I am sorry you have had such a day. Do they think perhaps his pulse was racing due to low blood sugar?!?!? UGH I would've been livid. I hope his levels straighten out overnight and he is released TOMORROW. I also hope Linc's bug is short lived and gone by tomorrow. Thinking of you guys and saying a little prayer for you tonight.

StaceyBurke said...

SHEESH what a day Blair. Wow. I know tomorrow will better! HUGS.

Joy said...

Blair, this is all so rough. I can't believe they wouldn't let X eat for so long! I agree with Shannon, his blood sugar was probably so low, poor guy. I hope Linc feels better soon.
xoxo