I don't know what's going on. All the sudden, like Friday morning sudden, Xander started to have allergic reactions. I have no idea to what. It comes on fast. He gets red, blotchy, hot skin, hives and throws up. The docs have asked me to take him off dairy and eggs. He's been off of them for 24hrs and so far he's been fine. I don't know if he's got a virus that's aggitating him or if he has developed food allergies.
I'm having a hard time buying that it's food allergies though. It all came on so fast. He will be seeing a food allergist that works with transplant kids. I guess we'll find out what's going on soon enough.
For now, it's chicken nuggets and applesauce. Yum!
2 comments:
UGH Blair...NONONONO. I am just dying for you..if it's not one thing it's another!
Try rice milk, good alternative for allergies to milk. :) Good thing is there are LOTS of wheat free and dairy free products out there. Careful w/ the chicken nuggets since they are coated in breadcrumbs which could contain wheat.
Savvy did not start with her allergic reactions until post-transplant. Prograf is an immune suppressant and an allergic reaction is the immune system trying to get rid of what it perceives to be harmful to it...I am glad you are getting him tested.
Big Hugs!!!!
Post a Comment