Pages

Xander's Story

These were so hard for me to put together. I created the first montage right after Xander's first surgery. The second one I put together this week. Looking at the pictures again brought back so many emotions. Our baby has been through more in his little life than most people will go through in an entire lifetime. He has amazing strength and fortitude. We have learned so much from him.

I put these montages together because I think Xander's story is an important one to tell. I hope it resignates with those who see it and inspires them to become organ donors.

The first montage is Xander's journey from birth to three months. At 7wks old Xander was diagnosed with Biliary Atresia and had surgery, a Kasai, to try and save his native liver. The bottom montage is of his journey from three months until today.





Again, if you haven't already done so, please sign up to be an organ donor. Do it right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that I am crying at my desk this morning and a complete mess! :) Thank you for sharing! BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL story! You did an awesome job!
Smiles,
Jennifer & Brooke Wallace

Anonymous said...

Our own little granddaughter had biliary atresia and a transplant last year. This touched my heart so deeply....and you've captured the journey so explicitly. God bless you and Xander and the selfless families who donate life.

Ember's Grammy

Candi said...

Absolutely beautiful, Blair.

Ana and Savannah said...

Simply Beautiful!