Pages

Time to Celebrate and Remember

Happy Liver Anniversary Xander!!!!

Today we will celebrate Xander and his donor angel. I can't express how I truly feel about what Xander's donor and the donor's family has done for us. They gave us the most precious gift, the gift of life.

I have finished writing our donor family a letter and will be mailing it out. It was one of the hardest things to write. I wanted to express how grateful we are but emotions are hard to put into words. They were so compassionate and unselfish during their darkest hour and although I can't pretend to understand the full depth of their pain, I hope our letter brings them some peace.

RIP sweet donor angel. Fly high with the best of them and know you will never be forgotten.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! One year! What an amazing milestone...I will never forgot when I read on your site you got the call. Exactly one week to the day after Brooke's transplant! I am SO excited they will be able to celebrate and meet together on Monday! Looking forward to it! Have a GREAT Day.

My thoughts and prayers are with the donor angel's family!

Hugs,
Jennifer & Brooke Wallace

www.CotaForSavannaha.com said...

Happy Liver Anniversary Sweet Xander! We are so happy for you and your beautiful family. You are always in our hearts!

XOXO,
Robert, Ana and Savannah Anselmo

Candi said...

I can't believe it's already been a year. I'm so happy Xander is doing so well now!! I think of you all all the time!

Terri Brown said...

I'm sorry I'm late to the party, but I wanted to wish Xander a happy one year liver-versary! Thank you for sharing this day with us. WOO! HOO! Way to go Xander!