Pages

Tuesday

Yesterday was a rough one...sorta. It started out nice. It was sunny and warm. We decided to go for a walk. We found a pile of leaves and the kids dove right in.




Run. Xander. Run!






Back into the pile. Well almost.


Linc let me take a pic of him up a tree.


Xander is learning how to fake smile but he's not very good at it.


After the above shot was taken, Xander got hurt. We were near a small stream and Xander couldn't stay away from it. He kept trying to get to it and I would grab him before he could. This happened several times. The last time he ran for it, I grabbed him by his hand just in the nick of time. He fell to the ground as I was pulling him up and snap! He started crying and couldn't use his left arm. I freaked and thought I dislocated something. I scooped him and we ran home as fast as we could. I got him into the car and headed for the ER.

I called Ron to tell him was going on. He said, 'Blair. Pull the car over, it's just nursemaid's elbow.' I explained to him that I heard a big pop and it had to be something else. Ron said he heard a pop too when it happened to Lincoln. I pulled the car over and having learned how to fix it with Lincoln, I was able to pop the ligament back in. By the time we got home, Xander was fine.

THANK GOD for Ron that day. I would have taken Xander to a germ filled ER all for nothing. I am also thankful that it wasn't something more serious. This kid doesn't need anything else to deal with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh No! Thank goodness for kid's daddy's...I would have been with you and to the ER we would have went! So glad it turned out for the best! You are right poor Xander has had enough in his short little life! =)

Hugs,
Jennifer & Brooke