Pages

March 7 ,2010

Happy Birthday, Lincoln!!!!

*Birthday pics added below.
----------

Today our boy is four. On March 7, 2006 at 4:05am we got to meet Lincoln for the first time. He was a healthy, bouncing baby boy at 8lbs 12oz and 21.5” long. It was one of the best experiences in my life and Linc was a great baby we wanted to do it again (Xander!). I remember the first time I laid eyes on Linc. His head was shaped like a cone and it was crooked. His face was all smooshed. I remember one of his eyes barely opened that the other was smashed shut. He was a little odd looking but I didn’t care. He was perfect to me.



How can anyone forget such a life altering event?

On March 6, 2006, I was admitted to the hospital to begin inducing labor. Not much happened until the following day when the contracts started to get more regular. I got my epi around 6:00pm that night and around 10:00pm I shut my eyes and slept. They checked me often and around 3:00am I was ready to push. My doc was at another hospital with another new Mother so I had to wait. I had the best epidural so I didn’t care. When the doc got there, the woman in the room next to me also was ready to push…ironically my doc was her doc too. Our doc was running between the two rooms so we had residents helping her out. I started to push and Linc was coming down ok. They were worried he might be too big so someone was standing on the side of my bed ready to push on my stomach if needed. I remember thinking there is no way someone is going to push on me and to force this kid out. So I focused and 12 pushes later out came Lincoln. Funny enough, I was concentrating so hard I didn’t realize it. They said something which I have no idea what it was and I responded, ‘I’m pushing!’ I heard Ron say, ‘Well stop and look up!’ (I told you I had a good epidural.) I looked up and into the eyes, make that eye, of my baby. It’s amazing how your life can change in a split second. From then on, it wasn’t about me anymore…it was now about him.

And what a great time it's been. I love watching him grow. I love seeing him learn new things. He's so clever. But oh how I sometimes wish he would remain an innocent, sweet, little cuddle-bug who needs his Mommy. He is becoming more independent and as much as I want that for him, I don't. It’s really bittersweet. Why can't I have it both ways?

As much as I want him all to myself, we’re looking forward to the coming year and all it will bring. This year we’re going to get him participating more with other children which we’ve been holding back on. We hope to enroll him into gymnastics and other sports. I think he might really like swimming. He will also be attending Pre-Kindergarten in the fall. It's only for a few hours a day but he's going to love being around other children. He’s going to meet so many friends! I’m excited for him.

We love your bunches and bunches, Lincoln! Four is going to be a great year.

----------------------------



















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Linc! Hope you have many happy years!

Smiles,
Jennifer Wallace

Terri Brown said...

Happy Birthday Linc! You are awesome!

Jeannie, Jane, Angel, Mommy, etc.. said...

Awww! Happy Birthday Linc! So sorry I am late! It's been a long week outside of the computer! Your boys are just adorable!