Pages

Lincoln

Oh Lincoln. Today, Lincoln smacked Xander in the face so of course I sent him right to timeout. Well, he actually ran and put himself in timeout because he saw my face and how mad I was. I turned my attention to Xander and soothed him. Afterwards, I take a look in Lincoln's direction and this is what I see.



Since when did timeout become relaxing? I didn't realize that timeouts don't seem to be a source of punishment any more. I don't know when that happened. He used to hate them. He would scream and cry and fling himself on the ground because he hated them so much. Apprently it's not that way any more. So what now?

Ironically we found something just today he hates more than timeouts; Being seperated from his Gameboy. That's right, my four year old is addicted to the Gameboy (thanks Daddy :( ). I don't know why he's so obsessed with it, he can't play it. He has no idea what most of the buttons do but he doesn't seem to care. He hoots and screams with laughter while playing with it. It's actually pretty funny.

So tonight at dinner, he was up at the table and he's looking down in his lap. I said 'Lincoln.' No response. 'Lincoln!' and he looks up. I said, 'What are you looking at.'


Wouldn't you know it.


Yep. This thing is going to become a great negotiation tool.

2 comments:

nat said...

Eliza lays down to, she screams her lungs out though.
She also loves her gameboy, she has games on she can play though lol

Carla said...

Alex LOVES our Wii and PS3. I think he is going to be getting a DS for Christmas. He's pretty good at the games too. Video games is my go to threat if he misbehaves. Next is computer games. He is just like his parents in loving video games and computer games!