Pages

Diagnosis

Well, it looks like it's an Eosinopholic Disorder. The docs will be looking at the biopsy results today to figure out the severity. Once they've determined that, the next step will be to find the cause of it. It could be because of a food allergy or because of a parasite. The parasite is pretty much being ruled out because they have tested his stool for everything under the sun and all of it has come back negative.

So what's next? Xander is having a RAST test this morning to see if any more food allergies turn up positive. We do know he has the egg and dairy allergy. We also know he is not allergic to gluten. The doc looked for Celiac Disease and the results came back negative. Phew. I am so glad we don't have to take gluten out of his diet. That kid loves his pasta.

I'm not positive it's a food allergy. I think this is a medication problem. I think Xander is having a reaction to his immune suppression drugs. I think the immune suppression drugs are too high and his body is reacting any way it can. I'm not doc...I'm just sayin'.

He is also having another test that involves contrast. They are going to x-ray his tract to get a better look at the flow. I don't think this is going to yield anything, I just think our doc is being thorough. I appreciate that.

We'll of course update with all the results when we find out. I wish all this was going a lot faster. Xander is getting antsy.

My poor sweet Xander. He puts up with hell. This hospital stay is stressful for him. I can tell. He is always going to the door and saying 'GO!' He wants to leave so bad and I want to take him out of there. He looks at everyone who comes in the door with suspicion. He wonders who is going to make him hurt. When it is someone who is hurting him, he looks to me and I know he mad at me for not saving him from the pain. I hate it. This is not the life I had planned for him. This is not the way it was supposed to be.

3 comments:

Lisa Glaser said...

Blair,
I'm Kylee's mom on Liver Families. I love your blog & you have such a beautiful family. You take the most beautiful pictures!! I wish so badly there was something I could do to help. The only thing I can say is I know what you mean about having them mad at you for not saving them from the pain when someone hurts them. Kylee does the same thing & it kills me. I really hope & pray things get better for your sweet Xander, he's much to precious to be going through all of this!! Sending you lots of hugs & kisses!!

Lisa
cjglke on Liver Families

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Blair...atleast you are getting answers and on the right track. It stinks when you know it is best for them but they have no idea!! Xander is one tough little kiddo! I will pray that the process will speed up and you guys can get out of there really soon.

Hugs,
Jennifer & Brooke Wallace

n said...

I know you guys are home now, but I am so sorry you have to go through this every now and again. Just think about how much people like myself are learning despite it being such a horrible journey for you all.
xx