Pages

Big, Whopping Update

Ok, it's day five in the hospital and Xander has had so many tests I can't even count or recall all of them but bascially they've come up with nothing. There are still many tests pending so an answer is going to come.

On Friday, Xander had a scope and a colonoscopy. The doc took a few samples, not as many as he'd like because he's a bleeder right now, but I think enough to be able to run the tests he wanted. He said from the naked eye it look mostly good except his esophagus which look inflamed and could be indicative of Eosinophilic disorder. Ron is thinking Xander has a gluten allergy. He has forbidden us from giving Xander any gluten. It's very hard to feed Xander since he already has an egg and dairy allergy. There's not much else to eat but meat, veggies (not happening) rice and potatoes. Boring! ;-)

Xander is also having problems with his medication. His Prograf (immune suppression drug) has been very high. It's in toxic range and I think a lot of Xander's problems are stemming from this. I think when your immune system is this suppressed, things get out of whack...it's confused and it reacting any way it can. Ron also agrees with this. We're trying to diagnose along with the docs. You know they are loving that...haha.

Anyway, we're in hold mode until we get some answers. I hate this place. It's very unsettling.

So Mother's Day has been put on hold today. I've been washing the floors, doing laundry and am about to head into the hospital. Not a great day so it's penciled in for next Sunday!

But for all those lucky Mother's out there today who are living it up, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! I hope it's the best one yet!!

1 comment:

Mami said...

Happy Mother's Day Sweetheart. I am sorry it is not being spent the way you want it to be...I look forward to hearing about next weeks "Mother's Day Celebration!".

Sending you love and prayers.