Xander's Angel Donor has been on my mind a lot lately. Actually, I think of him every day and I say a little thank you to him. He is our hero. The part that makes me sad is that he is a stranger. I wish I knew more about him.
I do know a little bit. I know he lived in New Jersey. I know he was a teenage boy. Beyond that I don't know much else. I hope there will come a time I can meet with the donor family. I would love to hear all about their loved one, maybe get a picture too. I just don't know if that will ever happen.
I have written to Xander's donor family once. I have no idea if they recieved the letter. It goes through the OPO (Organ Procurement Organization). They get the letter and forward it to the donor family. I do feel like a jerk for not writing more. I have wanted to write on numerous occasions but I stop myself. I don't know if they really want to hear from us. I'm sure a letter from us brings up painful memories. I don't want to do anything that would cause them more pain. They don't deserve that.
So I wait. For what? For when? I don't know. Maybe there will be one perfect day when all the stars align and I'll send another letter.
For now, I'll just keep saying my silent thank you's and hope it reaches the ears of our Angel Donor.
No comments:
Post a Comment