Pages

Funny how things can change in 24hrs.

6:30p~ We had such a good time at Linc's game. Linc did a great job at t-ball and we were on the sidelines cheering him on. I was so thankful we were there in that space where things were normal.

Xander had a great time. He found a basketball and kept bouching it and throwing it to us. He has a good arm that kid. His teachers say he can't throw a ball...yeah right. They just haven't seen it. He is a natural.

8:30p ~ We came home all inflated and proud of Linc. Xander however wasn't feeling well. He looked stiff and was shivering. Ron drew a warm bath and Xander seemed to feel better. We took him out, he shivered a lot and we threw a nice warm, snuggly, footie jammie on him. He was happy and ready for bed.

10:30p ~ Ron went in to check on him. He was burning up. 103.5 was his temp. This was shockingly high considering it happened so fast. We stripped him and checked him again, 101.5. That's better but in the world of transplants anything over 100.5 is worrisome.

11:00p ~ Off to the ER.

A benefit of being a transplantee is no waiting in the ER. They rush you right back. He was 103 in the ER. They drew labs and then gave him some Motrin which brought him temp down about an hour later. I must say his labs look stellar, well his kidneys could be a tad happier but overall they are great. This wasn't his liver...thank God. So what was it?

2:00a ~ They tested a bunch of things and found he is positive for RSV. This is good because he will get over it and it won't require a bunch of antibiotics or anti-viral meds. He will be miserable for a few days while we ride this wave of fevers and coughing. Actually, his TC (transplant coordinator) said it could take up to two months to shake this virus due to his suppressed immune system but it shouldn't be as severe as it is right now. However, we do have to keep a watchful eye on him in case he gets worse, i.e. pneumonia. God forbid.

3:00a ~ Thankfully they were released. I was dreaming they had came home so when I heard Ron's voice, I breathed a sigh of relief. My dream came true. :-)

Right now I am trying to get over last night. His fever just came out of nowhere. It scared me. If Ron hadn't gone in there to check him, God knows what could have happened. I don't let my thoughts go there.

Tonight will be another night of sleeplessness. I know Ron or I will be checking on him constantly. Poor kid has had that thermometer rammed into his ear more times than he can count today. There is not much we can do about that. It's the nature of the transplant beast.


--------------


Keep our little buddy, Aiden in your prayers and if you have a crayon handy, send him some 'happy mail'. He is having a rough go. This little guy has been through more than any child should ever have to. I know God has great things planned for him. He will get through this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoping Xander feels better soon! Poor little guy! Brookie sends BIG hugs Xander's way!

Hugs,
Jennifer & Brooke Wallace