I'll never forget when I learned I was pregnant with Lincoln. A few days before I took the test, Ron and I were at a barbeque. We were drinking and having a good time...we even had a few jello shots. Anyway, I remember looking at the burgers on the grill and seeing the fat drip from them and I was so disgusted I wanted to throw up. That was so not me. I love a good burger.
Of course, it didn't dawn on me I was pregnant. Ron and I weren't trying to have kids. In fact we had planned not to have kids. Guess that wasn't our fate because a few days later I realized I had missed my period by a lot and tested. POSITIVE!
Holy yikes. I was scared and not sure how I felt about it. I wasn't sure how Ron was going to take it. I sure as heck wasn't going to tell him to his face so I wrote him a letter. I was afraid of his reaction and didn't want to remember any disappointment or negativity if that how he felt.
I think he felt a lot like I did. Scared. We loved our life and weren't looking to change it. We did whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. Not having that freedom was going to be a hard pill to swallow.
Little did we know what we were missing out on. When Linc came, nothing else mattered. He was our world and we didn't mind all the things we couldn't do because we didn't want to do them anyway. Life had a new direction.
So thank you, Lincoln. Thank you for coming into our lives. Thank you for being the best five year old in the whole wide world. Thank you for being such a good big brother. Above all, thank you for letting me be your Mommy. I am so lucky to have a son like you. I love you, kiddo. I love you to the moon and beyond. ♥
Lincoln
21.5"
8lbs 12oz

Today


1 comment:
What a nice looking fellow you have there! He is absolutley the cutest!
Happy Birthday Lincoln!!
Smiles,
The Wallace's =)
Post a Comment