Pages

What's up?

Sleep is.  I am dying.  Xander is not sleeping very well and is up late and also up early.  I don't know how he can function.  I just want a good night's rest without someone crawling into my bed in the wee hours of the night.  Don't get me wrong, I love to snuggle but he isn't there for that.

I also signed Linc up for Kindergarten this week.  I can not believe it.  He is officially in school.  He goes three hours a day now but this is different.  It's the beginning of his school career.  I hope he likes the school he's going to.  He got into Academie Da Vinci (ADV).  It is a wonderful charter school focused on the arts.  It's a tiny school, about 120 students but I think that is the perfect setting for success.  I don't want him to be a number and get lost in the public school system.  Don't get me wrong about public schools, I think there are some very fine public schools.  In fact the school he is assigned to is very good and I wouldn't have been upset if he had to go there but there is something special about ADV.  I felt it the moment I toured it.  I knew he'd be selected to attend in the random drawing...and he was.

Xander is doing great.  He's has made so much progress in the last couple of months.  He is being evaluated by the county this Thursday to see what kind of extra support he needs to catch up.  His speech needs work and the school thinks he's developmentally way behind.  He does need some help but I know once he gets it, he'll zoom and catch up in no time.

No comments: