Pages

Angel Donor

I feel terrible.  Xander's third Liver-versary came and went and I feel I didn't make a lot of hoopla on the blog.   I want everyone to know that it was a big deal.  We all reflected on what happened that day three years ago.  We thanked God and Xander's angel donor for saving his life.  We celebrated the beautiful life that was lost and the beautiful life that was saved.  This day is almost a bigger deal than his birthday.

While I don't have pictures of the party or the cupcakes, I do have pics from the day following his anniversary.  Xander and I went out together to release balloons in honor of his angel donor.  One for every year he has been gone. 









Xander and I talked about his angel donor that day.  He doesn't totally understand yet.  He does know he has a new liver and that someone very special gave it to him. 

2 comments:

Tracy DuLac said...

Made me cry. That's such a great idea with the balloons. I'm trying to figure out what to do for Noah as his first liverversary is coming up a few days after Thanksgiving. I love the balloon idea. Happy Liverversary, Xander!! :)

Colby Kids said...

Thank you, Tracy! Can't wait to see your pics. :-)