I guess Christmas is as good a place to start as any...
How awful am I? I didn’t take one picture at Christmas. We didn’t even get our camcorder out. Nothing. We’ve got no record it ever happened. The only picture I got out of the entire holiday season was from when we visited Santa at the mall. I must say Santa looked great. So perfect. So authentic.

I barely got this picture though. A few days before this shot, we went to see a movie at the mall with Linc’s friends, Chipwrecked. I think that’s what it was called. It was an Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. Anyway, we saw Santa. I asked the kids if they wanted to visit with him but they said no. They kind of circled him and stared but there was no way they were getting close.
After the movie, I asked again and again was told no. So oh well. You can’t force them without having a scene, right? So we went home.
A few days passed and back to the mall we went to buy some gifts. But this time as we pass by Santa, Lincoln asks to see him. Well alright, let’s do it! So we waited in line and the boys did awesome. Xander actually got a little nervous right when we first met him but as you can see he relaxed enough to take a picture. Linc told Santa what he wanted, a nerf gun, and I don’t think Xander said a word. I didn’t mind, at least he was brave enough to be next to him.
Christmas was awesome. Linc did get his nerf gun and also a bed tent to go over his bed. He went to bed and during the night Santa magically placed it over him while he was sleeping. He was so bewildered. Xander got a bike from Santa as well as a blue fish from Daddy. Before Christmas when we would ask him what he wanted for Christmas, he would only say a blue fish. So Ron went and got him a Chinese fighting fish. It is a pretty little fish. His name is Gaga. (Don’t ask me.)
Overall, we had a great holiday season. My Mom was here for Christmas and then my Dad came into town for a few days afterwards. We barely saw midnight on New Year’s and then life went back to the usual grind with school and work.
Right now things are normal, normal, normal and we couldn’t be any happier.
More later...
No comments:
Post a Comment