Pages

What's next?

Sorry it took so long to post but we've been busy. Ron was here in VA over the weekend. It was so nice to see him. Lincoln really misses him. Secretly so do I but don't tell him. He'll get a big head about it. ;) He'll be back in a couple of weeks and we'll all be heading home then.

As for Xander's doc appt., well the levels didn't drop much. I suspected as much. He's still as yellow as he was before surgery. It was disappointing news. We so hoped the surgery had been successful.

We are basically at a stand still. It's so hard to know that his liver is being continually damaged and there's not a damn thing we can do about it. We can only let the docs monitor him until he is strong enough for a liver transplant. I pray the next year or so go as smoothly as they can for him. I also pray even harder that Ron or I are a match to him. We would give part of our livers to him in a heartbeat.

For now we're trying to be positive for Xander's sake. He's been so brave. He is just the sweetest kid on the face of the earth. We couldn't have gotten luckier. I can't wait for everyone to meet him!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I think about you guys all the time and I pray that Xander gets bigger and stronger everyday so he can have a successful transplant!