Pages

Xander Update

Well bad news. The steroids didn’t work. His GGT actually got worse so we stopped them immediately. He is now on supportive care until he either gets better or needs a liver transplant.

I am now going to research all about liver transplants because I am sure that is what is in his future. I am praying hard Ron is or that I am a match. Just please, please let one of us be. I am praying harder it is me because if Ron and Xander are in surgery at the same time I don’t think I could handle it. I’ll need to have some serious anxiety meds that day.

It’s funny though. I am not as stressed out about the idea that Xander will probably have to have a liver transplant as I am about getting to that point. I fear what he will have to go through until then. There are so many health complications that could come up. Right now he’s struggling a bit with his weight.

So the fight continues…

2 comments:

Joy said...

Blair! No! I am so sorry. I wish I could help you guys out in some way. I am praying that one of you is a match...Give X a big hug for me.

KenConnolly said...

I wish I were close enough to give the Colby's a big hug. My thoughts are with you all, and if there is anything I can do for you please let me know. I love the pictures, Spike looks great-

Be well

KennyG