Pages

Here we go.

We received an e-mail from Xander's doctor today.

---------
Xander's bilirubin has risen a bit; should probably begin to slowly obtain parts of the blood work needed for a transplant evaluation.

Sincerely,
Ann O. Scheimann, M.D., M.B.A.
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
---------

This is the first they have mentioned pursuing transplant. I mean they've talked about it as a possibility but never talked about taking steps towards it. We're nervous but feel if he has to have a liver transplant than maybe it's best to do it while he's young and won't remember.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Blair you have remained so strong though all of this, this must be the hardest thing in the whole world. I'm thinking of you and hoping the transplant goes smooth and easily and the little guy is better in no time. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!

Sarah said...

Oh, Blair. It's one thing to talk about it and it's another thing to see it there in writing. You're an amazing mom.

Jennifer H. said...

Blair I am SO very sorry hun. Just reading your post gave me chills up my spine. I cannot imagine having to deal with this and I truly admire your strength. Sweet Xander will be in my thoughts as always. {{{{{{{{}}}}}}

MOakley said...

Blair, I can't imagine the emotions that are going through you and Ron right now. I just really hope that you or Ron are a match and that all of this is behind you in no time. You guys are so strong, HUGS and positive thoughts